Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

Modern Family's Sarah Hyland talks about her kidney transplant

Matt Prokop and Sarah Hyland © Fame
Watching Modern Family we see actress Sarah Hyland as a gorgeous, sweet and healthy young woman. However, 21-year old Sarah talks to Seventeen on her lifelong battle with kidney dysplasia. A battle she's kept under wraps so far, until now. April 13th, 2012 Sarah went into surgery and got a new kidney. Her father was her donor. Sarah says, "I have a second change at life, not a lot of people get that." Her father was the source of that second chance, "You know that family is always going to be there for you, no matter what. My dad gave me a freakin' kidney! But it's also the families that you create outside of your family. And you really find out what kind of people you're friends with." Of the surgery she says, "It was just amazing, and it really opened my eyes to see who's there for me and who's not." The one person who was always there for her is her boyfriend, actor Matt Prokop, "He helps me with my medication and takes me to doctor appointments and all the stuff that I need to do to take care of myself. Any other 21-year old guy would not be there, I guarantee it. I am one of the luckiest people in the world to have him be there for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment