Search This Blog

Friday, September 2, 2011

Melanie Brown has a girl!

Stephen Belafonte, Angel, Melanie Brown and Phoenix Chi
Yesterday evening Spice Girl Mel B - real name Melanie Brown - was admitted to the hospital and she gave birth to her third daughte rin the early hours of September 2nd. This is the first child for Melanie and her husband Stephen Belafonte, but the fourth daughter in their family. Melanie is already mom to two daughters, 12-year old Phoenix Chi, from her first marriage to Jimmy Gulzar and 4-year old Angel, from her relationship with Eddy Murphy. Stephen has a 7-year old daughter, Giselle.
Emma Bunton's tweet
Melanie took to Twitter mere hours after her baby girl was born. She tweeted, "Finally our baby arrives, Stephen nearly passed out, Phoenix screamed, I laughed so hard the baby popped out!!! She is just sooo amazing!!" Her former Spice Girls bandmates were quick to tweet their congrats. Emma Bunton tweeted, "Yeah!!! Well done Mummy! Lots of love. Xxx" Melanie Chrisholm - Mel C - wrote, "So so happy for my dear friend @OfficialMelB and @stephenthinks1 another girl #girlpower woo hoo! Congratulations x x x"
Mel C's tweet
 Melanie Brown also tweeted to thank for all the well wishes and later to declare her love to her husband. First she wrote, "I wanna thank you ALL for your beautiful well wishes, it means a lot to me, you guys are the best, I am SOOOOOO blessed my heart is melting!!" and "I didn't think it was possible but I love you even MORE now honey, we have a truly amazing family xxxx"

The news of the birth of Melanie and Stephen's daughter - name, weight and height currently unknown - comes after Melanie said that "I've tried everything, I've tried the hot food, the running, the sex, the violence, I've tried it all. It just seems to be stuck and hibernating in there getting bigger and bigger, so it's coming out this week for sure." That most certainly turned out to be true.

Congrats to the Brown-Belafonte family.

UPDATE: Mel and Stephen have named their daughter Madison Brown Belafonte

No comments:

Post a Comment