Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fantasia Barrino is pregnant

Fantasia Barrino © Bob Charlotte/PR Photos
It was a rocky year battling depression and a much-criticised love life, but there's a golden lining for Fantasia Barrino. She's pregnant.

The winner of the third season of American Idol, in 2004 announced her pregnancy during a charity concert in Jacksonville, Florida, on Sunday.

The 27-year old singer said, "You are the first that I share this news with and I share this with you because I can relate to you. And for a while, I walked around figuring out what they will say and what will they think about me. But now I tell you, I don't live my life for folk." She continued, "So, this child that I carry – God has given me this child. And I don't have to hide it from none of y'all."

Fantasia already has a 9-year old daughter, Zion. She did not talk about the identity of the father of her unborn child. She was most recently linked to Antwaun Cook, who at the time was still married to Paula Cook. The negative attention and criticism she received around that time, were one of the reasons why she attempted suicide in August 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment