Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tia Mowry talks about being a new mom

Tia Mowry © Jill Johnson/JPI
Life as a new mom is quite the change for Tia Mowry, as she tells BET.com "I didn't know I'd be this exhausted. I'm so sleep deprived. When I talk to other mothers about it they're like, 'Oh yeah, honey, and it doesn't change. Your body just gets used to it." That doesn't mean that Tia wasn't completely ready for the birth of her son, Cree Taylor, "I was told to be prepared for him to come before or after my due date. I was excited to get this baby out of me." Cree ended up coming five days before his due date. Tia says of motherhood, "It's a lot more emotional than I expected. I knew it would be emotional, but I didn't know it would be this emotional. People always say you never know love until you have your own child and all of that is true." So true, that she told her twin sister Tamera in the speech at her wedding, "that she needed to get on it. Now."

Balancing life as a new mom and returning to the set of The Game in September, might be very emotional and definitely more hectic, however, "he is definitely coming with me. I'm excited, but very nervous about how I'm going to balance things out, because right now I get no sleep and I'm gonna have to memorize lines. Lack of sleep and studying don't go hand in hand for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment