Search This Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Petra Ecclestone strips Candyland

Candyland decor by Aaron and Candy Spelling
You would think that an $85 million USD house is not a fixer-upper, however, the new owner of Aaron Spelling's former residence 'Candyland' is stripping the mansion from many of its old fashioned fixtures. Chandeliers and even fireplaces have to go in favour of a more modern style. Petra, 22, reportedly hates the wallpaper and gold light fixture that Candy Spelling loved so much - after having seen the photos I have to side with Petra on this one.

Petra invited four antique dealers to the property and told them to bid on anything they liked. Reportedly one dealer went home with $1 USD million worth of goodies.

Candyland's Gone with the Wind inspired stair case
Candyland boasts 14 bedrooms, a bowling alley, a swimming pool, tennis court, a 100 car garage, a flower cutting room (who doesn't have one?) and a gift wrapping room. Petra bought the house because "I'm planning to move to L.A." and "I wanted to have an amazing home. Hopefully in the future I'll be raising a family... and my family from London will be coming to visit, so I need loads of space." At 57,000 square feet her new home is bigger than the White House, so she should have plenty room for guests. "It really was a great investment. I've got a house in London and I jsut kind of buy prime real estate that I know hopefully won't go down in value." Her home in Chelsea is valued at $90 million USD.
Petra Ecclestone
Petra is set to marry her businessman fiancé Jamie Stunt, 26, during the August bank holiday. The Black Eyed Peas and Eric Clapton will perform at their wedding. After the wedding she's planning to move to L.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment