Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Rebecca Black is back!

Rebecca Black, known for her accidental smash hit 'Friday', is back with a new single! The 14-year old, who got Friday as a birthday present, is now going more professional with her latest song My Moment. Her song Friday is a video gone viral, that started out as a present: recording the song and taping the video was all part of her birthday celebration - a $4,000 USD birthday celebration that is. However, with My Moment Rebecca is aiming for a career in the music industry. She disses critics of Friday, when singing "weren't you the one who said I would be nothing. But I'm about to prove you wrong," and, "said I'm doing big things, things you've never dreamed of. I hope you're happy because I'm about to blow up."
Rebecca Black My Moment video still
My Moment is about Rebecca's new found glory and fame. You can see her getting her make-up done, hosting the MTV Online Music Awards, going to movie premieres, and reading newspaper articles - about herself.
Rebecca Black has her photo taken by paparazzi, My Moment video still
The song came with a press release that said that Friday "celebrated the coming of the weekend and good times", whereas the new song is "a fairytale story, but it happened in real life." Unfortunately for Rebecca - and the writer of the press release - the Rolling Stone isn't that enthusiastic about her new song, they write, "Rebecca Black has finally unveiled 'My Moment', her follow up to her smash viral pop hit 'Friday', and it's... well, a song about having a smash viral pop hit." Rolling Stone concludes with, "there's still a charming guileless about Black and her cohorts - and they defnitely didn't get any better at dancing - but it's hard to imagine this song or video capturing anyone's imagination in the way 'Friday' did."
Rebecca Black getting her make-up done, My Moment video still.
Rebecca is currently working on a five track EP, that will be released this August. Let's hope that the lyrics will be just as intelligent as Friday's. Can you sing, "tomorrow is Saturday. And Sunday comes afterwards."?

No comments:

Post a Comment