Search This Blog

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Soulja Boy buys himself a $55 million birthday present: a jet

Soulja Boy © Larry Marano/WireImage
Hopped up out the bed plane. Turn my swag on.

DeAndre Cortez Way, a.k.a. Soulja Boy, turned 21 on Thursday, and he's celebrating it BIG. The Crank That (Soulja Boy) and Turn My Swag On rapper bought himself a private jet. Costs? A whopping $55 million.

You know... It's like.. I REALLY wanted it.. and.. you know.. I figured.. Fuck it. I'll do it. I'm going to buy myself a birthday gift, and I'm giving myself a plane... You know what I'm saying? - Or so I imagine were Soulja Boy's thoughts.

The birthday boy spent $35 million on the actual Gulfstream G5 jet and is spending another $20 million on upgrades. Improvements include custom Italian leather seats, flat screen TVs, four liquor bars (imagine that you run out of wodka/beer/courvoisier/crystal), a customized travertine-tiled floor, and Brazilian hardwood cabinets. Also included in the $20 million? A paint job of the exterior of the plane, that will feature his logo.

In honour of his birthday Soulja is throwing a birthday bash in Miami tonight, Friday July 29th, that reportedly cost him about $300,000. Sean Kingston, Bow Wow and Dwight Howard have been invited, but if you haven't received an invite you can watch - for free - the event go down on his website.

I'm getting spending money. Ohh.

No comments:

Post a Comment