Search This Blog

Friday, July 29, 2011

Jessica Alba: Honor is ready to be an adult

Jessica Alba © NBC
Jessica Alba and Cash Warren will be adding to their brood "very soon" - which might imply that the due date of her baby is not in September -, but her 3-year old daughter Honor Marie is ready to be an adult.

Monday, when on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Jessica, 30, said, "She's exited, she says she's going to actually be the mommy. I'm going to be the grandma. That's the way she phrases it," and she continued with, "My girlfriend asked her, 'Are you excited about being a big sister?' And she's like, 'Yeah, because I'm going to be a grown-up. I'm going to drink vino and drive.'" After which she joked, that she and Cash make for "great examples as parents."

Honor is going on adult, but there's still a thing or two that she'll need permission for. "I had to explain to her that only certain types of girls are allowed to wear plastic heels outdoors. So she's allowed to only wear her princess plastic heels indoors. I can't really tell her why yet!" Jessica told Jay.

Also, the couple tends to give their daughter timeouts - they "don't believe" in spankings or punishments -, and Honor's not a fan of them. Jessica says, "We give her timeouts whenever she’s naughty. She says, 'Am I getting a timeout in the bathroom with the lights off?' Because just timeout in the bathroom isn’t bad enough and even though she’s in a lit bathroom that has big windows … it makes it seem that much worse. I’m like, 'You’re going to have timeout in the bathroom,' and then I’m like, 'With the lights off!'"

No comments:

Post a Comment