Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2011

Skinnygirl to take over the world: Bethenny Frankel expands her line with skincare products

Bethenny Frankel
Former Real Housewives of New York star, current star of Bethenny Ever After, mother of 1, and successful entrepeneur Bethenny Frankel has announced that she'll expand the Skinnygirl brand.

Earlier this year Bethenny sold her Skinnygirl Margarita brand for an estimated $100 million USD. Now she'll launch Skinnygirl Face & Body Solutions, as well as Skinnygirl Mommy. Bethenny, 40, has a no-nonsense approach to her new line of skincare products. Products will be fuss-free and in simple packaging. Even better? Alle products will sell for under $15 USD. Only downside? The line will only be available in the US.

The skin care products were developed by beauty firm Lotta Luv and will be - exclusively - available in 1,500 Wal-Mart stores as of this November.

Bethenny is quoted in a WWD interview as having said, "A $150 eye cream is ridiculous and absurd." To add, "Skin care can be confusing and I want it to be straightforward." Her own complexion is thanks to a consistent routine, and not to products claiming miracles. Bethenny is bothered by products that claimg that "you're going to look like Heidi Klum in two days," or "like you had a face-lift." She says, "I don't make false promises. I don't want people to think in three days they'll have no cellulite. That's not going to happen. I finally have good skin because I am consistent. I don't worry about brands. I do buy brands that are not expensive, ones that don't spend all the money on the packaging, but on the ingredients inside."

Bethenny seems to have a golden touch, when it comes to business. In addition to her cocktail line, she has also developed a shapewear line, called Smoothers n' Shapers, as well as nutritional products, including a daily cleanse called Skinnygirl Daily Cleanse & Restore. She also just doesn't stamp her name on things, saying "I have no idea how people could just stamp their name on something. I'm obsessed. I use everything, I named every single product. I created the packaging and the logo." Perhaps as a consequence of her hands on approach the expectations of her skin care line are high. In its first year alone, it is expected to make $18 million USD.

No comments:

Post a Comment