Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

First look: Dylan Lauren's wedding dress revealed!

Dylan Lauren in her wedding dress designed by dad Ralph Lauren
Dylan Lauren, daughter of fashion designer Ralph Lauren, wed Paul Arrouet last month at the family Bedford Estate. Of course, when your dad is a famous fashion designer, you don't have to go wedding dress shopping,  but as the photo shows Ralph Lauren's design certainly exceeds any expectation anyone might have had. Dylan, 37, wore a handmade duchesse satin, silk tulle, georgette embroidered dress with a tiered train. It was protected by a security guard at Ralph Lauren's New York headquarters prior to the wedding.

No photos of the wedding were available, so it was unknown what the dress exactly looked like. However, Dylan poses for the August issue of Vogue in her dress, as a celebration to her marriage.

Ralph Lauren
Ralph Lauren, 71, reportedly consulted his former protegée and bridalwear expert Vera Wang, when designing the dress. He told Oprah Winfrey in an interview in May that designing a wedding dress for his own daughter was an emotional experience. He said, "I had to do something that was better than ever before. When you do something for your family or your daughter, I mean it's the only daughter I have - beautiful girl." He continued, "I want to just give her something that she'd really treasure and give her something that would be really amazing. I want her to feel fantastic." He has succeeded, because Dylan described the dress as "the most amazing thing, because it's really stunning." She also said, "I told my fiancé, 'I may sleep in it. I might wear it the next day.' It's really beautiful. I know that every bit of his energy and heart went into making sure that I liked it."

No comments:

Post a Comment