Search This Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Denise Richards talks about adoption and her baby daughter

Denise Richards with Eloise © Marc Royce/US Weekly
Appearing on The View last Tuesday, Denise Richards spoke about the adoption of her youngest daughter, Eloise Joni. When she split from ex-husband Charlie Sheen, Denise knew that her family wasn't complete yet. Of course, she was overjoyed with daughters Sam, now 7, and Lola Rose, now 6, but "I've always wanted more children and had to make a decision: do I wait to find the right partner, or do it on my own?" The Real Girl Next Door author, 40, shared this on The View and added, "So I just did it on my own."

Denise also talked about the adoption process, "I was actually open to either gender and I started the process two years ago." Daughter Eloise is now 6 weeks old and the transition from a family of three to a family of four has proven to be a smooth one, big sisters Sam and Lola are very excited about their baby sister. Denise says, "The older ones are so great, the baby is such a blessing. Sami and Lola help so much and pick out her clothes and feed her."

Denise recently had a babyshower to introduce the newest addition to the 'Richards'-family. The shower proved to be exactly what Denise had wanted, "I thought she deserved it, and it was a wonderful way for my friends who hadn't met het yet to meet her."

No comments:

Post a Comment